Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) have a new and exciting opportunity for a QC Biochemistry Analyst to join our Quality Team.
Headquartered in Hertfordshire, BPL manufactures pharmaceutical products derived from human blood plasma. These products are used to treat patients for conditions such as immunodeficiencies, coagulation disorders and critical care (blood volume deficiency).
As a Biochemistry Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the laboratory by providing specialist knowledge and problem-solving ability for all analytical techniques, problematic results, and validation requirements across the section and working as the subject matter lead.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To perform a wide variety of testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, BPL policies and GMP.
- Responsible for preparing reagents, standards and control samples and contribute to general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- To promptly report any deviations, out-of-specification / limits results. To assist where required with investigations.
- To read, collate, report and archive results using defined documentation and computer systems.
- To ensure equipment used is clean, calibrated and maintained. Perform system suitability checks where required
- To assist with the calibration or validation of laboratory equipment and automated systems.
- Ensure good stock control.
- To operate a variety of instrumentation and computer software packages intended for data analysis, collation and other related applications (e.g. LIMS).
- To make recommendations for documentation revision.
- Undertaking administrative activities.
- To organise own assigned working activities. To be responsible for reporting issues or delays to next line management.
- To identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- To attend meetings as required.
- To participate in the receipt of audits from internal (BPL) and external sources, ensuring own work area is audit ready at all times.
- To adhere to record and data integrity requirements, as per BPL polices.
- To perform any other aspects of laboratory testing and support the objectives of the department as required.
Experience and attributes to make you successful in the role:
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment
- Degree in a Bioscience subject (ideally Biochemistry)
- Understanding of GMP/GLP.
- Good knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, both within a laboratory and across pharmaceutical processes.
- Knowledge of laboratory SOPs and ability to revise and write new procedures.
- Understanding of knowledge of laboratory operations and practical work.
- Knowledge of stock control and budgeting in own area
- Experience is using analytical equipment and pipettes
- Experience in writing reports
In return we offer:
We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people. Since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth as we aspire to be the leader in our field. BPL is based in Borehamwood, in a secure campus surrounded by natural beauty, lakes and wildlife.
- Competitive salary, and benefits to include a performance related bonus
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- On-site parking and a subsidised restaurant