Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) has exciting opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join their Engineering Department located in Elstree, Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be ambitious and looking to develop and grow their career with a reputable pharmaceutical company where they will support process engineering activities for production of plasma-derived products in a pharmaceutical, GMP-environment.
You will gain exposure to a range of biotech products that are derived from human blood plasma used to treat patients for conditions such as immunodeficiencies, coagulation disorders and critical care (blood volume deficiency).
BPL aspire to be the leader in our field since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth. We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people.
Key duties & responsibilities –
- Providing technical expertise on cross-functional projects including process/utility improvement, technology transfer and new product introduction
- Process design and design of development studies for the scale-up of lab-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations in conjunction with R&D
- Assessing new and existing processes for reliability, quality, safety, best practice and adherence to cGMP and regulatory requirements
- Preparing/reviewing vendor feasibility studies, concept/detailed designs, URSs, design specifications; design/GMP reviews, commissioning plans and validation documentation
- Supporting installation, commissioning, FATs, SATs and validation of new processes and equipment, monitoring effectiveness
- Supporting development of accurate budget estimates for capital equipment and projects
- Investigating complex engineering problems, troubleshooting existing processes and determining root cause and solutions
- Preparing mass and heat balances, design calculations, hydraulic assessments, process flow diagrams P&IDs and other engineering documentation
- Assisting with the development and implementation of site engineering standards
Experience and attributes to make you successful in the role –
- Degree Level education in Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering
- Experience of scale-up and technology transfer experience.
- Strong understanding of Process Engineering fundamentals with some practical experience of designing pharmaceutical processes and utility systems to cGMP and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge in the application of safety standards (e.g. PED, pressure relief assessment)
- Experience with documentation and practices in a regulated environment (e.g. GxP, FDA, MHRA)
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written forms and ability to describe complex process engineering matters to technical and non-technical people
- Proven skills in working in interdisciplinary teams to deliver projects, troubleshooting technical issues and implementing effective permanent solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organisational skills needed to successfully execute multiple activities and prioritize work-load.
- Be able to build effective internal and external relationships and influence individuals across a variety of functions without a direct reporting relationship.
- Self-motivated, with desire to take ownership of activities and work with minimal direction
Please apply today for immediate consideration.