Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) have a new opportunity for a Head of Training to define and lead the delivery of the training programmes across BPL Therapeutics.
With a wealth of experience and knowledge around setting up training systems and processes from scratch in the manufacturing arena.
This new role encompasses compliance and technical training which includes analysis of current state, proposing and supporting cross-functional business transformation programmes and activities aimed at improving our training programme and retention of employees.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Business Excellence Director, the incumbent will be tasked with leading the implementation of complex cross-functional projects focussed on a collaborative working style with the aim to achieve sustainable solutions to ensure training requirements are achieved in line with the business objectives & regulatory commitments.
- The Head of Training must be able to quickly understand site systems and processes to identify and propose opportunities for improvement. They should be a self-starter with an action-oriented and collaborative mindset with a demonstrated track record of forming productive, trust-based relationships and change management with colleagues at all levels.
- The incumbent shall also manage the training team, plan, direct, and coordinate programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of an BPLs employees with a particular focus on improving and accelerating training of employees within the Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering and EH&S areas.
- Define and create frameworks that, when applied, help to focus thought and action in a more systematic and structured way to lead to increased performance and create an environment of change for improvement.
- Define technical ladders and career development pathways, communicate and manage these with the Operations business partners.
- Define and refine key processes and ensure they are executed with daily discipline.
- Enhancement of continuous improvement and process management skills throughout the organisation. (once the basics are sorted, identify enhancements / continued improvement across all areas of the business / leading by example and collaborating to encourage creative thinking and challenging the status quo / changing the mindset).
- Identify opportunities to remove complexity from internal processes with an aim to optimise operational performance to implement processes that are internally efficient, locally responsive, and globally adaptable.
- Create training and education to support change management process implementation as part of BPLs continuous improvement journey.
- Establish standardisation with excellent training programmes and processes, lead by example with efficient and effective process implementation for the day-to-day management of improved training programmes.
- Establish and lead cross functional programmes with the aim of improving quality (right-first-time), reducing effort, and reducing resources.
- Using change techniques in support of major initiatives (e.g. BPL Mission); establish a pattern of executive sponsorship (communicate / buy in / support) ; and building future capability and capacity whilst ensuring sustainability for the organisation long term.
- Work in collaboration with the Business Excellence Management team and the to Learning and Development Lead to implement effective strategies and processes to improve capabilities, reduce costs and/or increase revenue. Ensuring the processes are consistently understood across the organisation, aligning costs, creating a culture of excellence and incentivise continuous improvement
- Support the improvement and effectiveness of site Learning Management Systems.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the organisation.
- Develop and appropriately communicate, to all levels of the BPL organisation, metrics to monitor organisational effectiveness with regard to training compliance, technical skills and capabilities.
- Flexibility in style and technique to tailor to the audience.
Experience & qualifications to make you successful in the role:
- An ability to support projects of varying complexity across multiple departments and disciplines within an environment of rapid change is essential.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, experience of working in Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment an advantage
- formal training or qualification in a training related subject
- Accreditation to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent experience is desirable but not essential
- 5 or more years direct experience in Training management
- Computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills with the ability to influence positive change management through awareness, understanding, acceptance and engagement
- Objectivity and open-minded, entrepreneurial and an “out of the box” thinker,
- Self-driven, autonomous, strong results orientation.
- Experienced in stakeholder relationship development and management.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary, and benefits to include a target bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-site free parking, with a subsidised restaurant
Headquartered in Hertfordshire, Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) invest in the latest research, technology and manufacturing methods and are continuously supplying high quality plasma-derived products worldwide.
We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people. Since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth as we aspire to be the leader in our field. BPL is based in Borehamwood, in a secure campus surrounded by natural beauty, lakes and wildlife.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.