As part of Bio Products Laboratory’s (BPL) future plans to grow and solidify BPL’s presence as a leading provider of Plasma derived Medicinal Products for patients and customers, we have an exciting new opening for a Health, Safety & Environment Technical Assistant in the HS&E Department.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who has already gained their NEBOSH General Certificate and other National HS&E qualifications who is motivated, enthusiastic and has a keen interest in Environmental management and/or Health & Safety, particularly within a manufacturing or pharmaceutical environment.
Within this hands-on role, you will support the team with day to day support to BPL HS&E Department, monitor HS&E performance across the business and improve performance through the implementation of our HS&E Management system
Key duties & responsibilities –
- Perform HS&E audits, inspections, and tours across the site.
- Support the communication and delivery of BPL’s HS&E methods throughout the company.
- Assist with completing various types of Risk Assessment
- Triage HS&E enquiries and seek guidance from the appropriate SME to facilitate resolution
- Represent HS&E at Sustainability Panels and Safety Panels contributing to agenda and content
- Help keep the HS&E management system up to date, input new information and run reports.
- Attend T2 and other compliance management meetings.
- Assist in Preparation, PowerPoint presentations, etc. and attend Site HS&E Meetings.
- Support the site to resolve HS&E issues.
- Provide support with waste management and support the identification and implementation of waste management initiatives.
- Undertake waste management checks/surveys of on-site waste streams
- Assist with production of waste statistics and reports.
- Assist with technical services such as Environmental sampling, Noise Assessments, Occupational Hygiene Monitoring
- Assist with undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Assist with Environment and Waste Management monitoring
- A future intention to participate in an on-call rota
Experience and attributes to make you successful in the role –
The following are essential:
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Self-driven, motivated and tenacious
- Able to demonstrate a pragmatic approach
- Confident with IT to learn H&S specific systems and applications
- Awareness of Risk Assessment procedures
- Competent with Microsoft Office and Teams
- Experience with spreadsheet-based reporting and data analysis
The following are desirable:
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP and regulatory compliance
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Understanding of SOP’s and other policy and procedure
Has commenced or is prepared to work towards achieving:
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational H&S
- Other formal National HS&E qualifications
Our salary and benefits include –
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Life insurance
- On-site free parking, with a subsidised restaurant
Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) is a niche pharmaceutical business located in Elstree, Herts.
Our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people. Since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth as we aspire to be the leader in our field.
To start your career with BPL, please apply today.