Due to growth and expansion Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) are recruiting Production Technicians to join their manufacturing facility in Elstree, Herts, to support the manufacturing and production of their products which are used worldwide.
This is an exciting time to join BPL, a company that provides a continuous supply of reliable, high quality plasma-derived products, supporting both healthcare professionals and patients every day.
As a Technician in a large-scale pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, you will be working within GMP Class A and B Cleanroom environments, you will set up and operate various complex processes for which you will receive full training. You will also carry out activities connected with the preparation of therapeutic products.
We have vacancies in different departments within Production, some of which involve heavy lifting and cleaning activities of the process areas. These would suit someone who has previously worked within a warehouse or manufacturing environment in the pharmaceutical or food industry.
Some of the roles also involve things like Chromatography, Centrifugation and other fully automated processes, for which you will develop a full operational understanding. For these it would suit someone with a scientific or equivalent degree however this is not essential.
Hours: Shifts can vary and these include –
- Double days Monday to Friday 6am – 2pm & 2pm – 10pm (rotating weekly)
- 24/7 Monday to Sunday 7am – 7pm & 7pm – 7am (4 on 4 off)
Experience and attributes to make you successful in the role –
- Previous manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical production experience
- An understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of working to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- To have a mechanical aptitude is an advantage
- An understanding of Health & Safety
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Sterile / Aseptic Production – desirable
In return we offer –
- Competitive salary plus shift allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- On-site parking and a subsidised restaurant
We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people. Since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth as we aspire to be the leader in our field.
BPL is based in Borehamwood, in a secure campus surrounded by natural beauty, lakes and wildlife.
Please apply today for immediate consideration and to start your career at BPL.