Based in Borehamwood/Elstree, Hertfordshire, we have an exciting opportunity to join Project Management Office as a Project Manager within an organisation that provides a continuous supply of reliable, high quality plasma-derived products worldwide, supporting both healthcare professionals and patients every day.
As a Project manager you will be responsible for the delivery of assigned New Product Development (NPD) projects.
The post-holder must have the ability to digest complex project information from various sources, reassess and effectively advise stakeholders on project strategy and approach while taking account of budgetary constraints, conflicting priorities and the business goals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing assigned NPD projects to approved budget and timelines.
- Manage 3 – 5 projects of medium to high complexity at any point in time. Typical project duration of 6 – 60 months.
- Effectively apply BPL project management methodology to delivery of assigned projects.
- Generate appropriate project initiation documentation and business cases which will be required to obtain project approval.
- Ensure project scope and milestones are clearly defined and agreed prior to project approval.
- Manage day to day operation and control of all assigned projects.
- Manage scope creep and ensure project milestone adherence is maintained at greater than 90%. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing business needs and priorities.
- Manage project risks and issues and minimise BPL’s overall risk exposure. Utilise the escalation process where necessary.
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders via project sponsor, monthly reports, visual boards and at project governance meetings.
- Manage project resource. Highlight in advance expected periods of peak demand to ensure appropriate resourcing is assigned to project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately on the shared drive.
- Contribute to improving and promoting BPL’s project management process and toolkit as well as promoting a consistent approach to project management across site.
Experience to make you successful in the role:
- Experience gained managing NPD projects in a Pharmaceutical or Biologics environment.
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems, conflicting priorities, project risks and resource constraints.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Good project management skills and the ability to use standard project management tools
- Ability to communicate complex information to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate and influence key personnel across multiple business units
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Commercial and business awareness.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-site parking
- Subsided canteen
- 25 days annual leave
Please apply today for immediate consideration.