Here at Bio Products Laboratory Ltd we have interesting opportunities for Science graduates with varying amounts of lab experience to join the R&D Department.
We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people. Since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth as we aspire to be the leader in our field. BPL is based in Borehamwood, in a secure campus surrounded by natural beauty, lakes and wildlife.
We’re offering unique opportunities to gain experience in a broad range of protein purification or analytical techniques supported by a comprehensive programme that includes on the job training as well as internal and external courses. You will have the opportunity to gain wide experience of pharmaceutical development in a motivating and nurturing environment.
As a Scientist in our R&D Department, you will be part of a multi-functional team and have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including across a product portfolio that includes antibodies, albumin and coagulation factors.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Product and process development
- Process characterisation and optimisation
- Working with various techniques such as chromatography, HPLC, ELISA, electrophoresis, kinetic assays, centrifugation and filtration
You will be organised, articulate, and have a meticulous approach to experimentation and enjoy the challenge of practical laboratory work. The ability to quickly acquire and assimilate information and manage your time effectively is vital.
In return we offer;
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- On-site free parking, with a subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday, pension, life insurance
- Pension up to 6%
- Ongoing training and career opportunities