Are you passionate about science?
Are you a Biological Science or Biochemistry Graduate looking for their first opportunity to join a reputable pharmaceutical company?
Would you like to learn new skills to help develop and grow your career?
If you answered yes to the above, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are recruiting a science loving enthusiastic Scientist to join our Bio Processing team within the Research & Development department. As a Scientist within BPL you will be responsible for the execution of experiments in support of approved R&D projects with analysis and reporting of results and assist in maintenance of lab resources.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Biological Science or Biochemistry Graduate looking for their first opportunity to join a reputable pharmaceutical company. You will gain exposure to a range of biotech products that are derived from human blood plasma used to treat patients for conditions such as immunodeficiencies, coagulation disorders and critical care (blood volume deficiency).
BPL aspire to be the leader in our field since privatising from the NHS in 2013, BPL has gone through huge change and growth. We are an organisation where our products change people’s lives, and the purpose of our work is lived and breathed through its people.
Key duties and responsibilities include –
To perform experimental work that advances agreed project(s) within R&D:
- maintain a high standard of laboratory work
- be trained in the use of a range of laboratory equipment
- be trained and competent to execute analytical and protein purification methods
- follow written procedures such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study plans
- maintain accurate and up to date records of all experimental work
- record and report any deviations from expected results or documented procedures.
To review and analyse experimental results:
- following training utilise the appropriate computer software packages to analyse results
- aim to identify any variations, trends or outliers in data sets
- consider future work based on analyse
To assist in the maintenance of laboratory resources:
- clean, calibrate and maintain equipment as required by procedure
- prepare and maintain reagent stocks.
To maintain compliance:
- observe laboratory health and safety instructions regarding the use of personal protective clothing and equipment
- observe COSHH regulations and work in accordance with procedure and risk assessments
- observe all GMP, SLP/GLP requirements and contribute to audits.
Planning and Organisation:
- plan own working day to ensure completion of tasks within agreed deadlines with support from line manager
- maintain log of activities and progress in line with department requirements
- maintain a personal training and development folder
Experience and attributes to make you successful in the role –
• Relevant degree such as Biochemistry, Biological Science or Chemical Science
• Knowledge of protein purification
• Understanding of proteins
• Good verbal and written communication
• Proactive and organised, able to deliver work to deadlines
• Technical potential
• Knowledge of protein characterisation/analysis
• Understanding of proteins or virus/cells
• Evidence of practical lab training during degree &/or projects
• Able to use MS Office packages
• Interest in science
• Flexible and adaptable
• Keen to learn
• Practical lab experience
• Innovative and imaginative
• Maintenance of lab equipment
In return we offer –
• Competitive salary, and benefits to include a performance related bonus
• Life Insurance
• 25 days holiday
• On-site parking and a subsidised restaurant
If shortlisted, you will be invited to an on-line assessment centre (approx. 4 hours) on Tuesday 14th December.