As part of Bio Products Laboratory’s (BPL) plans to develop, grow and solidify our presence as a leading provider of Plasma Derived Medicinal Products for patients and customers worldwide, we are recruiting for a Senior Capital Project Engineer to lead and successfully manage a portfolio of projects over a multi-year duration with a portfolio size of £3 to £5 million (approx. 5 projects at anyone time).
Liaising with stakeholders and working closely with various departments across site, the Senior Capital Projects Engineer will professionally Manage Cap-Ex Projects, from inception to completion, in accordance to BPL’s project policy and stage gate process to the timelines required for the project.
Headquartered in Hertfordshire, Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) manufactures pharmaceutical products derived from human blood plasma. These products are used to treat patients for conditions such as immunodeficiencies, coagulation disorders and critical care (blood volume deficiency).
- Work effectively as a both as a team member and a team leader to effectively deliver the project objectives of scope, budget, programme.
- Develop and deliver accurate and professional business cases and delivery plans to support capital project proposals.
- Produce and communicate to all stakeholders regular forecasts of budget, schedule, risks and scope changes.
- Develop accurate Project Initiation Documents and Cap-Ex request documents to seek business approval and funding.
- Develop project cost estimates and maintain cost accuracy throughout project life cycle.
- Develop fixed project budgets and provide accurate project spend forecast and manage financial project spend throughout project life cycle.
- Define, monitor and maintain project programmes through design, construction, commissioning and validation phases to agreed completion targets.
- Identify challenges and opportunities on projects, communicate, and put in place plans to mitigate the challenges and capitalise the opportunities and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Develop technically sound User Requirement Specification and other Engineering Projects documentation.
- Develop detailed and well defined project scope and pro-actively manage the scope through project delivery.
- Analyse problem statement using technical tools and data and develop solutions accordingly.
- Help support the preparation of the annual Capital Budget and directly provide Engineering feasibility, costing and timeline input.
- Ensure that all fiscal data is fully and accurately recorded in a manner that ensures proper and accurate project cost control and accountability.
- Ensure relevant industry, safety and construction standards are complied with in accordance with BPL and statutory requirements.
- Perform project HSE management when required.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations that would add value to the performance of the Site.
- Continuously look to innovate and improve systems, plant and operations at BPL.
- Strive to be a role model in behaviour and attitude that promote the values of BPL internally and externally.
- Support capital project team as required.
- Be flexible and accountable to deliver projects in tight timelines with high precision, e.g. during shutdowns.
- Provide effective Communication to stake holders at different levels.
- Develop and maintain a details project Risk, Action, Decision log through project life cycle.
Experience to make you successful in the role;
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Leading and owning cap-ex projects within a pharmaceutical company
- Ability to manage the appointment, and the delivery process from sub-consultants, sub-contractors, vendors
- Good knowledge of a wide range of engineering disciplines
- As a minimum, basic understanding of manufacturing and supply chain functions, and interdependencies in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Proficient user of Microsoft Packages, including MSP, MSW, MSE
- Available to travel to meet suppliers or attend factory testing
In return we offer;
We’re looking for highly motivated and experienced people to drive the business forward.
In return you’ll be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Life insurance
- On-site free parking, with a subsidised restaurant
Please apply today for immediate consideration.